I love these mashed potatoes. I never make gravy because they are so good by themselves.
Herbed Mashed Potatoes (Serves 8)
8 medium potatoes (about 3 lbs) peeled or unpeeled
½ to ¾ cup milk
5 Tablespoons margarine, softened
1 package Ranch Dressing Mix
1. Peel and cube potatoes.
2. Place in 2-qt saucepan and add enough water to just cover potatoes.
3. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat . Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
4. Drain. Shake pan with potatoes over low heat to dry potatoes. This helps potatoes be fluffier.
5. Mash potatoes in pan with potato masher or hand mixer.
6. Add milk in small amounts, mashing after each addition, until potatoes reach desired consistency. Add margarine and Ranch Dressing Mix.
7. Mash until fluffy.
This is just half. I made this a week ago, and we ate about half. I froze the leftovers, and we had the other half tonight.