Monday, July 25, 2011

Creamy Chicken and Rotini Primavera

I just made this great recipe that my cousin showed me. It's easy, cheap, and delicious! My husband is a big fan, so I'm a big fan. The original recipe is found here.

Creamy Chicken & Rotini Primavera
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients
1/2 pound dry rotini
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast - cubed (I use less)
1 pound frozen vegetable mix - thawed
4 ounces Neufchatel cheese (reduced fat cream cheese)
1/2 cup lite Italian dressing
1/2 cup 2% fat milk

Directions
  1. Cook rotini per package directions to desired doneness. Drain well and keep warm.
  2. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken cubes and cook until no longer pink.
  3. Combine cream cheese, dressing and milk and whisk until smooth.
  4. Add thawed frozen vegetables to chicken along with sauce mixture. Stir well and heat through - about 5 minutes. Serve. 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you liked the recipe! Dan really liked it too :)

    ReplyDelete