Thursday, April 7, 2011

Creamy Chicken Taquitos

These are soooo good and so quick.  I was surprised at how easy they were and so tasty.
I got the recipe from a link my friend Katrina posted.
I made a few changes to fit what we had in the fridge, but they were still so good!
Yum!
Ingredients:
1/3 c (3 oz) cream cheese
1/4 c green salsa (I used normal salsa)
1T lime juice
1/2 t cumin
1 t chili powder
1/2 t onion powder (I used onion flakes)
1/4 t granulated garlic 
3T chopped cilantro (known as coriander in Australia)
2 T sliced green onions (I didn't have any so I omitted them and it still tasted great)
2 C shredded cooked chicken
1 c grated pepperjack cheese (I just used cheddar)

Flour tortillas
Salt 
Cooking Spray

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 425 F (218 C)
2. Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir.
3. Add salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and granulated garlic to the cream cheese.
4. Stir to combine and then add cilantro and green onions.
5. Add chicken and cheese and combing well.
(Hint: you can prepare all this ahead of time and just keep it in the fridge!)

6. Heat tortillas in the microwave until they are just soft enough to roll without cracking.  
7. Place 2-3 T of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges.
8. Roll tightly and place on a baking sheet lined tray, seam side down. Don't let them touch each other.
9. When all taquitos are rolled, spray them with a bit of cooking spray and sprinkle some salt on top.
10. Cook for 15-20 mintues, until crisp and the edges start to turn golden brown.

They are yummy to dip in sour cream or guacamole!

Seriously so good and simple. Try it tonight. Do it.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment