Friday, April 29, 2011

One-Dish Lasagne

When I made this lasagne after we got married, my husband walked into the kitchen while I was making it. He watched me and with a surprised look on his face asked, "Don't you have to cook the noodles first?" I looked at him and said, "You cook lasagne noodles?" In my defense my mom had always made this lasagne which doesn't require cooked noodles, so I didn't know there was another way. My husband had grown up eating the cooked lasagne noodles by themselves and thought that was the best part.
I don't think I could ever make lasagne where I have to cook the noodles before because I'm so used to this easy recipe.

One-Dish Lasagne
1 lb. ground beef (I use 1/2-3/4 lb.)
1 32 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce (I like to get one with veggies or add garden zucchini)
2 eggs
1 heaping T. parsley
16 oz. cottage chees
8 oz. regular lasagne noodles
1 C. water
grated mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, brown ground beef. Add the spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
2. Mix the eggs and parsley in the carton of cottage cheese.
3. In a 9x13 pan, layer the sauce and cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
4. Add the water to this so it looks sloppy. (This is the key to making the noodles soft!) Cover with tin foil.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sometimes I have to let it bake without the tin foil to let some of the water evaporate.
6. Grate cheese on top and place in oven until melted.
Enjoy!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment