Sunday, February 20, 2011

Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas

Don't be afraid of this recipe. When my husband first heard I was making this, he was afraid it would be too sweet. It does have honey in the title. After making it, we found it wasn't sweet at all but delicious! It has become one of our favorite meals to eat.

Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
6 T honey
4.5 T lime juice
1 T chili powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1 lb cooked chicken, shredded (I never use a whole pound because it's expensive. I always use a little less and add a little rice to fill it in.)
flour totillas
colby or monterey jack cheese, shredded (I just use cheddar because it's cheapest. I have also used a Mexican blend of shredded cheese and that was tasty.)
10 oz. can green enchilada sauce (When using a 9x13 i like to use 1 1/2 10 oz. cans)

Mix first 4 ingredients together and toss with shredded chicken. Let it "marinate" for at least a half hour. Pour some green enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 10x10 casserole dish or 9x13 pan. Fill four tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese. Pour the rest of the can of green enchilada sauce over enchiladas then sprinkle with more cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Put it under the broiler at the end to make the
cheese brown and crispy on the top.

I like to pair this with a yummy green salad and milk. Enjoy!

-Heather

2 comments:

  1. My husband saw this recipe and immediately ran to the store to buy enchilada sauce so we could make this. It was so good! It will definitely be a regular meal for our family.

    Thanks,

    Kaylee's friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally tried this recipe and loved it! The mixture of sweet and spicy is so yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete