Sunday, March 20, 2011

Glazed Pork Chops

I got this recipe from my BYU cooking class. I don't remember eating it in the class, but I remember the first time I made it for Kevin. We were both blown away at how yummy it was. I like to pair this with herbed mashed potatoes and a good salad.

Glazed Pork Chops
6 pork chops, boneless or bone-in (I don't specifically find pork chops, I just find inexpensive pork meat cut into dinner sizes)
2/3 cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons sage
2 Tablespoons water

1. Place pork chops in 9x13 pan.
2. Mix remaining ingredients, adding more water if necessary to make a glaze that is thin enough to pour. Pour over pork chops.
3. Bake at 350ยบ, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes, or until meat tests done. Check at 20 minutes to see if the meat is properly cooked. Check every 5 minutes thereafter. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the meat, the pan you are using, and how closely you place the pieces together in the pan. Use a meat thermometer to test internal temperature (160˚).
Enjoy!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment