Saturday, June 18, 2011

One-Ingredient Homemade Ice Cream

I heard about a one-ingredient ice cream from another blogger and was pretty skeptical. I looked it up and decided to try it; it's only one ingredient so I wouldn't be spending lots of time or money on it.
All you do is chop up four very ripe bananas and freeze them. Then blend them up in a blender, and you've got ice cream! It's pretty cool, and we really enjoyed it. We mixed in some Oreo crumbs, and it was delicious. It's an easy, healthy dessert!
Go to the recipe to see pictures and other mix in ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Bananas are about $16 per kilogram (~$7.50 per lb) in Australia at the moment so you can understand why I laughed when I read this bit:

    "it's only one ingredient so I wouldn't be spending lots of time or money on it."

    Just one more reason we're excited for Utah - cheap bananas :)

    ReplyDelete